Wednesday, February 16, 2011

my craft space redo

i did this several months ago, but am still totally impressed with the huge transformation and amount of use i get out of this space! i've actually started a small business making face warmers and this is where i sew them all.


before.

 after.

wow. so i have a new sewing machine now too, a brother 6800 sewing/embroidery machine that i absolutely LOVE! that is my vintage singer i bought at the local thrift store. i had everything in this space except for the black clip on lamp and the pink paint! i was planning on having to install some sort of desk top in here, but the desk i already had fit perfectly! i used old trim from a door we replaced to make narrow shelves on each side of the closet (you can't see them)

and after again! 
i am always making changes, i've added the awesome spool holder, 
changed out the green/pink paper in the frames and put in some
black & white checkered fabric (my favorite) and
my AWESOME brother sewing/embroidery machine!
LOVE IT!



6 comments:

  1. Wow, your space is real eye-candy. That paint color is stunning. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space! I am inviting you to link your space to my craft room reveal as well.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute sewing area...good job, from Mel's Cabin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cheerful sewing niche caught my eye over at Delightful Order's craft room party -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always interested in seeing crafting/sewing/scrapping spaces. Yours looks great. I'm a new follower. Please come visit when you have a chance.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute space...saw your link on Delightful Order! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete