Wednesday, February 23, 2011

baking & sewing...

so i don't have to work at my "real" job this weekend, so i have BIG plans to bake some yummy treats and get some sewing projects done!

list of things i want to bake:
zwiebach
raisin schnatka
banana bread (need to use up all the frozen bananas in my freezer!)
oatmeal muffins
(yikes this list got long! at least i can sew/embroider while these things are raising and baking!)

i also want to make strawberry freezer jam to go with the yummy zwiebach.

these are zwiebach, not mine, but i googled them and found this picture. i found them on another old blog and it inspired me to do some more blogs on my traditional mennonite food that i've grown up with. more to come on that later!

list of things i need to sew:
2 baby shower presents! (these are actually a paid order!)
i bought fabric to make a purse for myself, so we'll see if i get to that, not a necessity!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kacie!

    Thanks for the comment! I can't take all the credit on Bella's quilt (and will probably clarify on my future quilt posts)... I had hers quilted at the quilt shop, Sager Creek Quilts & Yarnworks. The owner Pam Goggan's is extremely talented when it comes to quilting. Lily's quilt, however, I did quilt myself on a machine (I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to hand quilt).

    I love all the organizing you're doing!

    ReplyDelete