Sunday, February 13, 2011

home organization challenge!

sometimes i get in a cleaning mode and i need to jump at these chances and get stuff organized! so trying to follow "bowl full of lemons" suggestions on her 21 day home organization challenge, i did like 6 days in one evening:) i did a few more this morning. i also took care of a few challenges last month that i'll include pictures of as well!

this is the before of my household/random stuff cabinet. we don't have a garage so this stuff we need to keep in the house somewhere.
and this is the after!! it makes my life so much easier to have it organized. i know right where everything is and stuff doesn't fall out when i open the doors.
this next cabinet is my household cleaners and laundry cabinet, before.
and after!
i forgot to take a before picture of underneath my sink, but it was BAD. these 3 cabinets i did one evening before some house guests showed up. little bear is checking it out, he's not used to it looking this clean!
then last night i started with my junk drawers. before.
and after!
before.

and after.
and then i cleared off my desktop, which wasn't that bad, it's been worse.
and after. i have to keep this cleaned off or when i'm sewing stuff gets shoved everywhere!
my sheets and dresser drawers weren't that bad, the pictures are boring, so i won't include them. my biggest challenge was the catch-all place in the kitchen where stuff is shoved when i'm cleaning off the dining table. before.

scary!!! and the cleared out stage....
 and the after!! i have a shelf for my husband, he complains he doesn't have an office or drawers in our house, so i gave him one shelf:) the next shelf has paper for quick notes and some notepads. the next shelf has my handy dandy recipe and home management binders and the bottom bin has hand warmers (we live in CO, you gotta have a stash of those somewhere!) and my coupon books.
ooh this cabinet was a drastic change too. the dreaded tupperware cabinet! i would normally just shove stuff in there and close the door and hope it doesn't fall out, yikes, that's becoming a trend in my house. not good! hopefully with everything organized it will stop! before.
and the after that i LOVE and just want to look at all day long!
yeah! i love my pink bins i got at target for $2.50!!
and then i have my binders! this is my recipe binder, i actually started it last week when i realized i had a huge stack of online recipes printed out and wanted to organize them in some way. so i started with a boring black binder and today i made it pretty with the downloadables off "bowl full of lemons" blog! before.
and after, my pretty recipe binder!



so that's all for now. i need to get to the store and buy some groceries and then maybe i'll tackle my pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment